Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ham Broccoli and An Extraordinary Man

My niece is getting married in August.
Her fiance John is one of the best men I know.
I don't say that lightly.
He has a lot to live up to.
Kait (my niece) is the only girl grandchild out of 8.
We are very protective of her, to say the least.
It's unfortunate for any men coming into our family, because they are all held up to an unattainable ideal.
My father.
My father was an extraordinary man.
He didn't do anything particularly extraordinary, like invent chocolate or anything.
He did the little everyday extraordinary things.
Like sing me awake in the morning.
Or make up stories with his grandchildren as the main characters.
He loved dogs and cried when they died.
He and John would've really liked each other.

I need to lose weight before the wedding.
The easiest way for me to do that is low carb.
So tonite we had Ham and Broccoli Casserole.
As expected, the kids were not too excited about it.
But since the rule is you have to try everything once, they tried it.....
surprisingly, they liked it!

click photo to take you to the recipe
 
The recipe comes from Kalyn's Kitchen. Be forewarned, once you start browsing her recipes, you'll never want to leave the kitchen again!
 
 
The only changes I made was I didn't blanch the broccoli (and it was fine)
I added green onions, a couple more eggs and dill.
 
It was super yummy!
 
 
Thanks for joining me for the first installment of "What's for Dinner Wednesday"
 
I have many projects in the works, so check back Friday to see which one I actually completed!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment